With the end of the 2008 year, awards for everything amazing in this years are being revealed. And Ward's Auto has just released its annual list of 10 Best Engines for the new year. Ward's Auto have been testing engines all year, and they came up now with the 10 best.
The winning engines are:
- Audi: 2.0L TFSI turbocharged DOHC I4 (A4 Avant)
- BMW: 3.0L turbocharged DOHC I6 (135i Coupe)
- BMW: 3.0L DOHC I6 Turbodiesel (335d)
- Chrysler: 5.7L Hemi OHV V8 (Dodge Ram/Challenger R/T)
- Ford: 2.5L DOHC I4 HEV (Escape Hybrid)
- General Motors: 3.6L DOHC V6 (Cadillac CTS)
- Honda: 3.5L SOHC V6 (Accord Coupe)
- Hyundai: 4.6L DOHC V8 (Genesis)
- Toyota: 3.5L DOHC V6 (Lexus IS 350)
- Volkswagen: 2.0L SOHC I4 Turbodiesel (Jetta TDI)
Our impression of the list is that, Ward's Auto seem to have forgotten a lot of amazing engines that have come this year. Such as the VQ engine in the Infiniti G37, and the fantastic 3.8L twinturbo V6 in the Nissan GT-R, or the high-revving 4.0L BMW V8 in the M3. And let's not forget the best engine of all (in our opinion), the 6.2L supercharged V8 in the Corvette ZR-1 and the Cadillac CTS-V. So the list isn't that great, but there's a lot more awards to come.
Source : [Ward's Auto ]